- 40 Million daily trips
- 21,060 inhabitants/km² the highest density of population in Europe
- 65% of the Parisian don’t own a car
Supporting & encouraging electric mobility
With an objective of banning all diesel and petrol fueled vehicles by 2025-2030, the Paris Regional public transport authority and local city operator will replace the entire bus fleet (5,000 diesel buses) by 2025. Naturally, this type of transformation requires massive new infrastructure.
Autonomous & connected mobility, leading the tech revolution
The Paris Region has many assets to offer to players developing connected and autonomous mobility solutions:
- a diverse and dynamic research ecosystem
- a vibrant startup scene offering technological bricks
- a talented and accessible pool of engineers
- a strong financial and legal support from policy makers
And the Paris Region will invest 100M€ to adapt key road infrastructure to facilitate the mass deployment of connected and autonomous vehicles.
Cycling, walking and new modes of transportation in the Paris Region
The Paris Region is also a hot bed of innovation in the micro-mobility space. Many companies have chosen to locate here thanks to the high urban density, excellent existing infrastructure and advent of new mobility technologies that make the Paris Region a fertile place to test new ideas.
In addition, the Region has adopted a €100 million strategic plan to develop bicycle usage in the region.