With nearly in the sector, and the largest ICT workforce in Europe with 358,000 employees, businesses will find all the key players across the value chain (IT for business, telecommunications, digital content producers, defense & security, artificial intelligence, optics and electronics), as well as major multinational corporations: Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Motorola, Criteo, Ubisoft, Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, etc.
Europe’s leader for ICT Research & Development
With 10,000+ public and private sector researchers and engineers as well as private laboratories run by major industry leaders (Orange Labs, Fujitsu, Thales, Nokia Bell Labs, Google, Microsoft, Huawei, Samsung, Facebook AI Research, IBM and more), the Paris Region is key for ICT companies. Globally renowned state-funded research bodies including CEA List, INRIA, LIP6, CNRS and Institut Électronique Fondamentale are here, and 70 higher education institutions train more than 20,000 ICT students annually. These world-class schools include elite “Grandes Écoles” such as Centrale Supélec, Telecom ParisTech, ENS Paris-Saclay, and more.
Two competitiveness clusters focused on ICT
Systematic Paris Region: Digital B2B complex systems
- 800+ members including 590 SMEs/education and training organizations and 150 major groups
- 10 Deep Tech hubs: Data Science & Artificial Intelligence, Cyber & Security (& Defense) incl. Blockchain, Digital Infrastructure & IoT, Digital Engineering, Optics & Photonics, Open Source
- 550 collaborative R&D projects with a total budget of €2.8 billion leading to 160 innovative products
Cap Digital Paris Region: Digital B2C and services industries
- 1000+ members including VSEs/SMEs, major groups, research and training organizations and venture capitalists
- R&D investments of €1.7 billion since 2006
- Futur en Seine Digital World Festival: global event dedicated to innovation in the digital economy